Skip to main content

The Magic Restaurant

So, I have been in this service industry for about six or seven years now. From my experience I have heard tales of an amazing restaurant from dissatisfied guests. It is an establishment where you can walk in with twenty or more people on a Saturday night and be seated immediately, greeted with a mind-reading server within thirty seconds that already has your drink order, which is on special, but you don’t like coconut, so it’s replaced with a full shot of top-shelf vodka. You are also welcomed with chips and salsa, baskets of bread and a plentiful array of dipping sauces complimentary. The entire menu is just pictures and, when you order, you only have to point. The talented server knows what sides you want, that you don’t eat bacon, that you are allergic to tomatoes and that you don’t like shrimp. Apparently, this place will automatically substitute shrimp for a New York Strip, free of charge, and your meal comes out almost as soon as the server takes the order and, in most cases, before they leave the table. They can actually quote how long the food will take without even visiting the kitchen and down to the second I might add. They are never wrong even though the customer is always right, no matter what. When the food does come out, the food runner magically knows who had what and fits everything on one tray. Matter of fact, you can continue your conversation and never speak up to claim your food as it hovers across the table to its destination so no one ever has to reach over you. Your well-done steak isn’t burnt and you get giant bowls of Honey Mustard and Ranch just for showing up. Every meal is two for $20, to-go orders are ready when you get there and are always fresh, at the right temperature and stay that way until you get home. At the bar light ice means more alcohol, yelling at the bartender and slapping the bar gets you immediate service. Checking ID’s, yeah, that’s a thing of the past at this particular place. All beer, wine and liquor are the same, cheap price despite different qualities and quantities. They have every type of alcohol you’ve ever had before and the bartender knows every drink ever made, made up, dreamt up or thought of, ever. If that isn’t what you want, then the bartender will make something up on the spot and it will be everything you ever wanted or they will give your money back plus another drink on the house, you know, for the inconvenience. Also, everyone who works there doesn’t have any bills or a life outside of the business so there isn’t a need for a T.I.P. Matter of fact, if you just tell them that they did a good job, their whole existence obtains meaning. They are always happy to see you and it never feels like your first time.


Has anyone else heard of this place, and, if so, do you know where it is?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Past Months

I feel as if I could speak volumes and be ignored. If I could rattle mountain ranges with calm voice, I would scream and still go unheard. I’m trapped in a living nightmare of negativity and void of savory outcomes. My reality lately is simply of no control, it’s like silently fine-tuned rejection. I have no ripple of persuasion, no utterance of opinion. All I have is drive, but no direction. I’m oscillating and full-throttle, stuck in neutral and backing down an ever-steepening hill. I feel that I am able to simply lift all this nonsense over my head but my feet haven’t any grip. I’m slowly sinking and I am losing composure. I feel pressure when there is none. My fickle grasp of this thing called reality is slipping from my sight and life is decreasing in ease. I’m told stories about how this is just how it is, however this change has occurred in rapid succession as of recent. I can not seem to find any release. There is no relief, it just keeps coming like swimming in choppy water.

Turkey Day Woes (2020 edition)

Hey there. Sorry I am terrible at keeping up with writing in general. Maybe, uh, if more people subscribed to communicate they want  to read this material I would be more motivated? But, who am I kidding? I'd just frustrate you more, maybe? Anyway, I'm back because I need to get out my Turkey Day woes of this year. So, here it goes: I wanted to recount the events that took place as I attempted to cook Thanksgiving dinner for myself as I hit a lot of the benchmarks one experiences as the earn their Turkey Day Stripes. I battled a hangover, underestimated prep, did not thaw my turkey (3lb Breast) properly, and I had my first grease fire! Talk about a slew of chaos that didn't leave my hunger satisfied until 10pm as I ate all my side dishes one by one during our family zoom meeting as they finished cooking at staggering times.  So, let me start with the fact that I have been recently health-motivated as my doctor and I got into a conversation that I will loosely paraphrase lik

Retirement of the Dj

His heart was racing. Nauseous, his stomach was turning wave after wave. After ending his ritualistic phone call with his Mum, he felt a hint of comfort. He tried telling himself that being nervous is part of the show. It’s what makes him strive for perfection and keeps him searching for the track that the crowd doesn’t even know they want to hear. It’s what keeps the energy flowing and what keeps his focus. A voice briefly cut his rapid anxiety, ‘five minutes.’ The panic was turning to excitement. Feverishly he recapped the tentative playlist in his head. It doesn’t matter too much, it would all change anyway. The best performances come from improvisation. This was his first big show. This was his first time headlining and the first time he filled the house with people wanting to see him and no other perform. He could not be happier or more stressed. This was the one. This was the one that would make his career. He’d soon be traveling the world to the hottest clubs, to the mo